Lecce vs Napoli: Match Analysis and Prediction

 Lecce vs Napoli: Match Analysis and Prediction

On April 7th, 2023, Lecce will face Napoli in a Serie A match at the Stadio Via del Mare. In this article, we will analyze the performance of both teams in the current season, their home and away records, head-to-head record, ball possession rate, and the odds for this match. Based on this analysis, we will predict the outcome of the match.

Season Record

Lecce is currently ranked 16th in the league with 27 points, while Napoli is ranked 1st with 71 points. Lecce has played 28 matches, winning only 21.4% of them, drawing 32.1%, and losing 46.4%. On the other hand, Napoli has won 82.1% of their matches, drawn 7.1%, and lost only 10.7%. In terms of average goals scored, Lecce has scored 0.9 goals per match, while Napoli has scored 2.3 goals per match. In terms of average goals conceded, Lecce has conceded 1.2 goals per match, while Napoli has conceded only 0.7 goals per match.

Home Record

Lecce has played 13 home matches this season, winning only 15.4% of them, drawing 46.2%, and losing 38.5%. On the other hand, Napoli has played 14 away matches, winning 85.7% of them, drawing 7.1%, and losing only 7.1%.

Head-to-Head Record

In their last seven matches, Napoli has won five matches, while Lecce has won only two matches. 

Ball Possession Rate

In terms of ball possession rate by zone in the playground,  Lecce has dominated the dominant area (16.7%), while Napoli has dominated the competition area (76.7%) and the inferior area (60.0%).


According to the odds, the probability of Lecce winning the match is 23.6%, the probability of a draw is 33.5%, and the probability of Napoli winning the match is 42.9%.


Based on the above analysis, Napoli is the clear favorite to win this match. They have a better season record, a better away record, and a better head-to-head record against Lecce. Lecce has been struggling lately, losing all their latest three matches and failing to score in any of them. 

Therefore, we predict that Napoli will win the match with a scoreline of 2-0. However, in football, anything can happen, and Lecce may surprise everyone with a victory or a draw.

Napoli, which leads Lazio by 16 points, are expected to all-in the Champions League, while Lecce is not free from relegation. Therefore, if Lecce's motivation is strong, a draw is possible.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post